Monday, April 7, 2014

tombs day

Yesterday was our lucky day because it was a holiday and we didn't have to teach!  Apparently it was Tombs Day.  A holiday when you honor those who have passed on.  Good thing we have Emma to tell us when there is a holiday because the school doesn't bother to let us know important little things like that.  Emma picked us up to go "see some flowers".  We weren't really sure what the meant but we were all over that plan.  We drove two and a half hours to the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life.  It was gorgeous.  I have never seen anything like it.  The mountains were just full of the most beautiful trees with flowers in full bloom on them.  That is one thing I love about China, the flower trees.  I can't get enough of them.  Are you ready for a picture overload?


















Also, I made the Chinese news.  When we got to the park, a news station spotted us.  Surprising, right?  They then followed us around and took random videos and pictures of us.  They then wanted to interview us about the park.  So that is exactly what happened.  Maybe I should start doing my hair if I am going to be on television...  





On our way back we stopped and got some dinner with them.  We ate fish.  Before I came to China, I would hardly even look at fish.  I quickly had to get over that.  We ate fish with Emma and her family.  I prefer my fish de-boned and without the head and fins still attached.  I don't like my food looking at me.  I was so full and couldn't eat another bite.  In fact, everyone at the table was full but that didn't matter.  Emma's husband ordered two more things of fish.  Two more!  We still had some of the other ones left.  It is okay for them to be full but as soon as we tell them we are full, that isn't okay and they won't accept that answer.  So I was forced to eat more.  It is one thing to eat past comfort by your own choice but it is another thing to be forced to eat past comfort but I survived another day and I can't really blame them because they are so generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment