Monday, May 12, 2014

friends.

I love how quick people are to make friends here.  Not just acquaintances but real friends.  Living here, I have come to realize that it doesn't matter how long you have known someone for.  You can meet someone one second and be their best friend the next.  It is so cool and, trust me, life is better this way.

One of our friends that we met last week at the English school, Winni, wanted to take us to the Ancient Town.  We quickly agreed and we didn't have the heart to tell her that we had already been there.  Twice.  She still doesn't know, so lets not tell her.  Even though we had already been there, it was still a blast.  We did things there that we didn't do the previous two times.  Also, to our surprise, Lily and Newbie were also along for the adventure.  Newbie is my Chinese boyfriend.  He may not know that but it doesn't matter.  So, obviously, I was happy to see they were joining us for the day.

{outside a chinese temple.}

{throwing coins into pots under the water.  if you make it inside the pot it brings good luck and happiness.  i had a few failed attempts.}





Asians are hilarious.  I think it isn't on purpose.  I think it is just their lack of English that makes them so funny.  They say things and I just die laughing and then they want to know why I am laughing.  I just can't control myself.  They also quote their articles that they read in English class all the time.  I guess that is one way to learn.

The night ended with me chasing a bus in the middle of traffic.  Everyone was just laughing at me as I am running alongside the bus in the middle lane of cars.  Thankfully we did get on that bus after realizing there was a stop just a few yards ahead.  I also may or may not have gotten caught in the door of the bus a few times before it would close.  There were that many people on it.

And the weekend ended with me getting to Skype with my cute missionary brother and the rest of my family.  It was worth getting up at 4am.  Thank you technology.


No comments:

Post a Comment