Wednesday, May 7, 2014

my Chinese name

A couple of weeks ago I finally got a Chinese name.  Actually, I got two Chinese names in one week.  It was a good week.

The first was from my students.  Well, Shelby's students.  I go and sit by them during class.  One day they asked me if I had a Chinese name yet.  I told them no and they jumped on it and came up with a good name.  Or at least, I think it is a good name.  They don't really understand when I ask them what it means.  They were so cute to watch them come up with different ideas.  They were very serious about it.  My Chinese name that they gave me is, Wang Ke Yi.  Now whenever those kids see me they always say, "hello Wang Ke Yi," instead of, "hello teacher".

When I was hanging out with Charm and Lilly, they also took it upon themselves to give us Chinese names.  They named me Li Si Yi.  It means cheerful, generous, intelligent, and family girl.  Apparently they both got it with the Yi.  So that must be right.  I love that Chinese names all mean something.

(Shelby's is the top one and mine is the bottom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment