Monday, February 24, 2014

Meet Xiao

While I was in Kunming we went to a Flower and Bird market.  It was just like any of the other markets here in China but this one had animals for sell!  They had everything from fish, birds, bugs, bunnies, snakes, turtles, and even pigs.  Now, I am not sure if all of these animals were for eating purposes or not but we took it upon ourselves to buy a pet.  (I know, this is probably coming as a shock to all of you because I am not much of a pet person but for some reason I just had to.  Shelby's pet needed a friend.)  We decided on turtles.  They are the cutest, tiniest turtles that you ever did see.  I named mine Xiao.  Xiao is tiny in Chinese.  Because we bought them in Kunming, we had to travel home with them on the train.  Lucky for us, the Chinese don't really care what you bring on the train with you so our turtles made it through security just fine.  This is Xiao.  He is really loving his new home.  We even place them by the heater because it is pretty cold in our apartment.  I am pretty sure he is thriving.  






...or maybe he still hates life.  I can't be sure.  He had a pretty rough last couple of days.  He was taken away from all of his friends and he traveled all the way to his new home.  I think he is shy but he will soon realize what a great life he has.    

No comments:

Post a Comment