Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pictionary

Yesterday I went to the supermarket before class to get the fly swatters I needed in order to play a game with my students.  I spent about five minutes walking around the entire supermarket looking for these fly swatters.  Nothing in China makes sense so, I looked everywhere for them.  Not just in the section that I figured they should be in.  I still couldn't find them.  I wasn't willing to leave the store empty handed but due to the language barrier that seems to be a constant problem, I had no way of asking for where this particular item was located.  I then had a brilliant idea!  I would draw a picture of a fly swatter and show it to one of the workers.  I then became worried because my art skills are just as bad as my Chinese.  I tried anyways.  I guess my drawing skills are better than I thought because I got my beloved fly swatters.  The lady who helped me had a good laugh too.  I am sure I made her day.




No comments:

Post a Comment