Saturday, June 21, 2014

last weekend in guiyang

What do we do for our last weekend in Guiyang?  Well, we spend it with our favorite people in China, Emma and her family.  We spent all day on Saturday with them.  They really have become my China family and I am really going to miss them.  We started the day off with picking wax berries.  And now we will be having wax berries for daysssss.  We got sent home with more wax berries than we know what to do with.  Good thing we like them.  Speaking of Chinese fruit, my favorite is mangosteens.  They are oh so good.
 



After wax berry picking we headed to lunch to eat some spicy chicken.  This chicken was some of the best that I have had in China but I still don't understand how every single piece of chicken has a bone in it.  What happened to all of the chicken breast and boneless chicken.  They really make you work for your meat here.  it is 90% bones and 10% meat.  Not cool.  After lunch we went to a little amusement park called Happy Land.  It was empty.  Which is great, because usually that means that you can just ride all of the awesome rides you want over and over again.  Nope, you had to carry around your ticket and get it punched each time you got on a ride and you can only go on each ride once.  So lame but we had a good time regardless.  Chinese people are hilarious when it comes to anything that may be a little bit exciting or scary.  They freak out about the smallest rides.  It is funny to watch.  Also, who goes to an amusement park and won't ride the roller coaster ride?  Basically every single Asian.  Why is Disneyland always full of Asians?  I have no idea because, trust me, they aren't there for the rides.  




{love this girl and i am so glad i got to experience china with her!}

{yes, they bought us ponchos for a water ride.  typical asians.}


{we were upset because we got pretty wet, even with the ponchos.}




After the amusement park, they took us to a five star hotel for dinner.  We had individual hot pot which was kind of fun.  It was great because I wasn't having anyone tell me what I should eat and it was everything that I liked and wanted.  Seriously, this family has done so much for us and have included us in all of their fun plans.  I am so grateful for them!  Saying goodbye to them didn't really seem real.  I think that maybe because we are not packed at all and we still have a week of teaching left.  I can't believe that I am leaving so soon.  Ahhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment